Saturday 22 May 2010

Something I Treasure

This poem was written for by my very dear friend Liane. She has a way with words. She sent me an email earlier on in comment to my last entry that certainly touched my heart.
Anyway many years ago I changed my name by deed poll from Alex to Lexi, also my surname. Through different periods of my life it had been a nickname & I preferred it. So when I'd done the deed Liane wrote this poem for me. With what I had written earlier I felt this was appropriate & something to look at to give me a kick up the backside.


For Lexi

You once were Alex, scared, confused, messed in the head
But renewed & refreshed as Lexi, the Alex part dead.
You're an inspiration to everyone you meet
And now is your time, the world at your feet.

Your spirit is strong, contagious, infectious,
Your nature is kind, loving & generous.
You have so much love for those you know
Your troubled littered past doesn't show.

There was a time when you were consumed with self hatred & guilt
But now your spirit & confidence are more strongly built.
You have inner strength beyond comprehension,
You've fought through pain, hurt & tension.

Now is your time to blossom & grow,
You're heaven sent, an angel you know!
See yourself as we all do,
An inspiration through & through.

Create your future, you can't change the past,
But learn what you can cos things can change fast.
There's so much out there waiting for you
You're one person this world don't want to lose.

But when you do leave this earth
Whether taken by God or worse,
I want you always to know this...
Your love & person will be sorely missed.

This was written back in 2003 & a year later, on the date that my deed poll became effective, Liane threw a first birthday party for me. Something I will treasure for many years to come.

I'm lucky to have the friends I do. I only let certain people in to my deepest & darkest secrets. My closest friends are all very different, but I love each & everyone of them for their uniqueness. Even my newest friend Mollie.
For those I've had for many years I just want to thank you for sticking by me, for not giving up on me even when I've given up on myself.
Thanks Liane for this poem & the other ones you've written for me. Also for the crazy things you've done for me over the years to make me smile.

Anyway that's it for now. Hope you enjoyed reading. xx

1 comment: