Thursday 16 June 2011

CNV always Jamie xxxxx

Yesterday was a sad but good day....
Myself & my friends, Andie, Liane (along with Coco) & DK, plus Jamie's Mum & Step-Dad gathered at the plot I have bought to lay some of his ashes there. The rest still remain with me & will until it is my turn to go, then we'll both be going out with a bang!!

The lovely Minister Jonathan, who lead Jamie's funeral was also there & Sue from the cemeteries office.

The day started off with beautiful sunshine, but by lunchtime the sky was grey & looked like it was going to chuck it down.
I'd been to the florist & picked up the flowers... they truly had done a beautiful job. They even gave me a bunch of lilac roses to bring home. Such a lovely gesture.

Anyway DK & I went up to the cemetery to make sure the plaque was clean & to put the flowers in place ready for the interment. The only ones that weren't placed in then were the single roses that myself, Andie, Liane, DK & Yvonne had got for him. Sadly Yvonne couldn't be with us, but her rose was placed along with the others at the end of the service.
Whilst DK was sorting the other flowers it did start to spot with rain & I truly thought the heavens were going to open, but by the time we all met up properly ready to start the service, the sun came out, shining & warm. So maybe there is something in the power of prayer, or maybe it was Jamie spreading his warmth & light upon us. Then again it could just have been the British weather. Whatever it was it was truly beautiful.

The basic but appropriate words were said by Jonathan & then I lowered the small  casket into the ground. We all shared some silence to remember Jamie in our way, for the different gifts he had given us all as husband, son & friend. 

Jonathan then read this poem, that Liane wrote a little while ago

For Jamie, this is what I (selfishly) ask of you, for someone who is loved deeply, by many.

Did anyone really know you?
Many really loved you,
Some were truly loved by you,
No-one will ever forget you..

Do you know what good you did?
What the purpose of your life is?
Just because you now are gone,
Does not mean your work here's done...

You had a gift within you,
When nurtured by love, not only grew,
But infected those surrounding you, 
To smile, laugh, love & be happy too..

You found your one true love,
Who now you watch from up above.
Everyday I ask of you & pray,
Please give her strength for one more day.

The joy and love you brought to life,
Is missed by all, but most your wife,
Your wife, your love, your heart & soul,
Who now you're gone, will never feel whole.

Two people, one love, true soulmates,
Brought together by love & fate,
So suddenly & tragically torn in two,
Each day is a battle to be faced without you.

Her pain her grief is so clear to see,
Even with time it will not ease,
Please give her love, strength & protection,
Until in heaven you can meet again.

xxx Liane Winters xxx

I'd been crying before this but it certainly set me off again.

After all was done & we had sprinkled the dust onto his casket, we chatted together for a short while, then, Jonathan, Sue, Eunice & John (Jamie's Mum & Step-Dad) made their departure & it was just myself & my dear friends, whom are my own special family, sat on the grass chatting & enjoying each others company. Although yes it was a sad day I was lucky to be with those who truly love me & who have stuck by me through thick & thin. So my thanks to DK, Liane & Andie for being there for me. Love you all. xxxxx

Here's a photo of the plaque & the flowers in all their glory.


Thanks for reading xxx

3 comments:

  1. That's beautiful,Lexi
    Many blessings to you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexi, that was a beautiful time that you all shared.

    And the sun was Jamie's way of telling you both that he loves you and that he was there.

    Hugs, hugs, and hugs.

    God bless and take care. Bye.
    Olga/Maddie

    ReplyDelete